Sunday 8 December 2013

I could travel miles and miles while asleep

Why this hurry

I wish I could dwell in dawn but
by the time I am born dawn dons the morning rays
then I wish I could mingle with the morning
by the time I am fresh the morning sees the day

I wish I could feel warmth of the sun
by the time I plow my field the sun fritters away
then I wish I could feel the evening
by the time I could refresh my senses the night sets in.

And then I ask Why this hurry

I wish I could feel the cool of the moon
but by the time I could get romantic the stars hover around
I wish I could live among the stars
by the time I could touch them the sleep embraces me....

And in my dreams too I keep on asking Why this hurry.......

She comes in my dream..always in a hurry
I say, let me see your beauty please look at me
she says, please don't hold me I've to got to sleep
you also have got to go onto the world's voyage

I am amused why this hurry

She leaves and I keep on dreaming
in the dream I embark on the voyage she refers
everyday I start and walk towards the other end of the world
surprisingly here the path does not seem to be in hurry

for past ninety five years every night
I start from where I leave previous night
and everyday it seems I have traveled not even a mile

Now I realize why this hurry while I am awake
......so that I can travel miles and miles while asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment